Our Work begins with a free consultation. We believe strongly that our clients are entitled to an honest, fair evaluation of their case, and we pull no punches from the start. We tell you the good and bad, and discuss all potential outcomes. We explain exactly how we would approach your case, and let you decide if you want to hire us. There is no pressure and no cost. In the end, our relationship with our clients is based on honesty, and we believe that begins with the first time we meet.
I was in two accidents and used this law firm to help me with both my settlements. I was impressed by their professionalism and the care and concern they showed me. If I ever need an attorney to help me with any accident or other matter, I will be using Bley and Evans.
“Sometimes the English language doesn’t say it all – but thank you is all there is – so I say it with all my heart – Thank you !”
“In a world where things happen that are not within our control, it is nice to know that there is someone that is willing to go the extra mile to help bring a bad situation to a close.”
If you have been injured
There are important steps that you need to take.
What you need to know if you are injured
- Get your injuries treated If you have injuries at the scene, do not drive yourself away. Have yourself fully evaluated and treated by a medical professional.
- Document your injuries It will be much easier to prove the injuries you suffered if you have photos. Photograph injuries and document everything you are forced to endure as a result of the injuries.
- Do not give a statement The other side’s insurance company is going to try to get you to give a statement – either through an investigator or adjuster. Limit your statements to the police officers.
- Do not sign anything The insurance company will try to convince you to sign a medical authorization or other document so they can collect your medical records. The law protects you from unlimited medical record searches. Know your rights before you sign anything.
- Preserve the evidence If your case involves a car or truck, take photographs of the damage. If your case involves a defective product, preserve the product in the same condition. Keep in mind that if you own it, you are entitled to keep it.
- Do not rely on an insurance company Whether it is the insurance adjuster or your own agent, you have to do your own investigation to determine whether there is additional coverage. Injured persons are seldom told about medical payments coverage, underinsured coverage, or other potential recoveries. You should talk with an attorney who is on your side before settling your claim.
- Do not settle your case early Insurance companies will try to get you to settle early. Always remember they are not on your side. You only get one chance to resolve your claim, and you must make it count.
- Get a free consultation For your peace of mind sit down with an attorney with whom you are comfortable and learn how to protect your rights and recover for your injuries.
Examples of our jury verdicts and settlements
A Platte County, Missouri jury returned a verdict of $6,500,000 when a man was killed in an industrial accident as the result of the rupture of a high pressure hot water pipe.
A Federal Court jury in Jefferson City, Missouri returned a verdict in the amount of $3,000,000 in a wrongful death case involving a tractor-trailer collision.
The surviving husband of a 24 year old woman received compensation from the rollover of a Jeep with a lack of adequate safety restraints in Jackson County, Missouri.
A man suffered a fractured neck as a result of a fall at Camp Geiger near St. Joseph, Missouri from a dangerous retaining wall that was unguarded and unlit.