Personal Injury Lawyers
What is Personal Injury Law?
A party injured in an accident because of the negligent or intentional acts of another may have a right to compensation for those injuries and the emotional and financial harm that resulted.
Known as tort law, personal injury legal claims allow you to go to a civil court to seek legal remedy for the losses caused by an incident (accidental or not). The facts of your case and the many laws and legal decisions that concern tort and insurance laws will lay the foundation of your legal claims.
Common Types of Missouri Personal Injury Lawsuits
There are many different types of personal injury lawsuits. They’re only limited by the kinds of situations where someone is injured. The more common types fall into a few categories:
- Vehicle Accident – If you are a victim of a non-fault accident, someone else may be responsible for your medical bills and other expenses. These cases can be complex, so it is important to have someone with experience on your side.
- Premises Liability (Slip and Fall) – You may think a “slip and fall” should be simple, but they can be very complex. Who is responsible for the condition that caused the slip? What did they do wrong that led to the accident? These cases can cover an injury suffered on the premises of a business, government entity, apartment building or even a home.
- Wrongful Death – If someone in your immediate family dies under circumstances that show a party’s negligence or intentional act led to the death, a wrongful death lawsuit may be a way to hold that party accountable and compensate you for your loss.
- Nursing Home Negligence – Nursing homes should be safe and secure places where your loved one is taken care of by trusted, competent, kind individuals. Unfortunately, there are nursing homes that are incompetently managed, with employees who are over-worked or uncaring, where the elderly and disabled are injured and killed due to abuse and neglect. The injured resident may have a valid legal claim for compensation for injuries, and family members of the deceased may have grounds for a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Workplace Accidents – Accidents occurring in workplaces require special attention. They may involve workers’ compensation claims and legal claims against parties who put defective tools and products in the workplace that caused the harm.
- Product Liability – When a faulty or defective product causes an injury, a product liability lawsuit may be the right way to seek compensation for the injury. The product may have been improperly designed, manufactured or marketed for an unsafe use. Missing or inadequate warnings about potential dangers may also be reasons for a legal action.
Who Can File a Missouri Personal Injury Lawsuit?
If you or a family member has been injured or killed in an incident and you believe another person or company’s negligence or intentional action caused the injury, you might be able to seek compensation for the harm in a personal injury lawsuit. Discussing the incident with a lawyer will help you determine whether the law is on your side and whether filing a personal injury lawsuit is right for you and your family. You should act as quickly as possible because there are time limits on when such a lawsuit can be filed.
What Can You Expect If You Contact Bley & Evans with Your Missouri Personal Injury Case?
You will be treated with the utmost respect, because we understand the challenges and pressures you face. A serious injury caused by an accident can create serious physical, emotional and financial problems for you and your family. We’re here to help our clients get the most compensation possible to help them put their lives back together again and live their lives to the fullest.
One of our lawyers will sit down with you to discuss the details of the incident. We want to hear every detail so we can understand what happened and why. We will discuss the applicable laws and how they may be applied in your situation. Then, and only then, will we help you decide if filing a lawsuit is the right move for you. Unlike the attorneys who represent insurance companies, our lawyers always have your best interests at heart, and we will do what it takes to make sure you get the best results possible.
Columbia Missouri Personal Injury Attorneys
If you, or someone you know, has been involved in a case involving personal injury, contact a qualified attorney as soon as possible. We will be able to give you the best representation possible when we get involved with your case early on. If you have questions or would like to discuss your case with an experienced attorney, contact us at Bley & Evans Trial Attorneys today. We look forward to working with you.